The reports in OpsCenter pull information together from all over the system and displays it in a format that is useful to the user. Below are a couple examples of the dozens of reports in OpsCenter.
During an emergency, a large amount of information is gathered by the emergency operations center (EOC) staff. OpsCenter reports pull information from all the raw data collected to generate accurate and timely summaries. Accurate automated reporting minimizes the time, effort, and cost to organize data and generate reports during crisis management and afterwards. Previously, the tedious report generation process diverted attention from critical response activities to reporting chores. Now the staff can stay focused on managing the situation.
Some categories of reports in OpsCenter:
- Situational Reporting - real-time status information regarding the current situation.
- Damage and Impact Assessment - allows timely reporting.
- Public briefings – helps the Public Information Officer (PIO) prepare information to keep the public informed.
- Agency briefings – quickly provides supporting organizations the information they need.
- Financial recovery – selected information for reimbursement reports and other accounting.
- Incident Command System (ICS) – standard ICS forms are available within the software.
Reports provide high-level summary information as well as specific details grouped by incident, assigned action, request, location, etc. An intuitive interface provides easy and flexible selection of data for generating standard reports. Filters ensure the report includes just the information needed. Reports can be emailed, printed or exported to Microsoft Word® with just a mouse click.
There are 40+ different reports in the default OpsCenter system that are easily configurable. In addition, the reporting functionality is expandable. If very specific reporting requirements exist that are not available in OpsCenter, additional reports can be added to the system for these specific requirements.
OpsCenter automatically generates Incident Command System (ICS) Forms for organizations requiring this reporting capability. OpsCenter can programmatically fill out 25 Incident Command System (ICS) forms based on the information in the system. These forms are in typical ICS format and when printed look just like the paper-based ICS forms. This functionality saves many hours previously spent consolidating information and typing the ICS Forms. This feature is extremely useful for those organizations that must submit actual ICS forms to another organization or agency. It allows you to manage the emergency while using the power of OpsCenter to generate output in the required format.
Alert Technologies Corporation has released a new update to the OpsCenter Emergency Management Software. This update provides a Report Generator that addresses two critical challenges that exist today when managing emergencies. Specifically:
- Highly Flexible Reporting – Each emergency management organization has its own unique reporting requirements. Emergency Management software needs to be able to generate a wide variety of reports to meet these differing needs. OpsCenter’s new Report Generator can generate reports based on any information in the system.
- Configuration, not Customization – OpsCenter uses a Report Description to generate a report. Organizations can create a new report description for any report they need to add. This Report Description can be changed by an authorized, technical user to reflect the organization’s needs. These changes are configuration, not customization, and they will persist through future OpsCenter updates without rework. This is essential to keeping down the long-term costs of the system.
Alert Technologies will move all standard OpsCenter reports into the new Report Generator over the next few releases. This will allow an organization to configure the standard OpsCenter Reports as well as any new reports they create.